The summer schedule has been great. The lazy mornings, the sandy feet naps and sunscreen greased pigtails. Popsicles, ice cream cones and S’mores. My kids are having the best summer ever and I think some of the credit goes to their dear old Mom here. After all, if I still am able to organize craft and story time after seeing each of them, on a daily basis, lose their mind over various not-really-apocalyptic events, I think I deserve a great, big, sparkly gold star. And a hot bath. And a pedicure.
Reasons my Toddler is Losing His or Her Mind.
1. I have mentioned that hot dogs are for dinner and he does not eat hot dogs, he only eats hot dog buns.
2. He’s NOT TIRED and I have implied, said, thought, or looked at him in a way that has indicated that I think that he could possibly be— tired.
3. I’ve asked her not to take her diaper off after she poops.
4. I did not “catch the bubbles” that he blew over my head.
5. I would not let her bring her wet towel to bed with her.
6. He pushed his straw into his juice box and can’t get it out.
7. His sister ate the breakfast that he didn’t want that has been sitting at the table for the past two hours.
8. I am not able to pick up the toy he dropped and know exactly where it is on the floor while I am driving the car.
9. The restaurant we went to “just ran out” of chocolate milk.
10. I am not able to dice up his waffle 3.4 seconds after putting it onto the plate in front of him.
11. I did not let her hold the entire bag of chips as she took a bite of each chip and put it back.
12. I got sunscreen in his mouth when he shook his head while I was applying it.
13. I’ve mentioned a word that rhymes with, has the same connotation as or somehow implies the word “nap.”
14. I won’t let him bring the Ipad in the shower.
15. I am trying to put pigtails in her hair.
16. I keep switching her shoes from the wrong feet to the right feet.
17. I won’t let her put on a hooded sweatshirt on a 98 degree day.
18. I won’t let her play with Windex.
19. I’ve mentioned the word “banana” and HE DOESN’T LIKE BANANAS!
20. I’ve asked if maybe he would like anything other than a butter sandwich on the beach.
If you have any reasons YOUR toddler is losing his or her mind, feel free to comment below!