Blueberry pancakes at Camp
Parker and his buddy Declan just pickin’ berries
Sugar covered berries
Well, we went blueberry picking this week and have been eating lots of berries ever since. Celia is an absolute blueberry-a-holic so it was a great idea. Day 1 we just snacked on them, Day 2 we made blueberry pancakes and day 3- Dump Cake!
I know what you are thinking- could there be a less appetizing name for something you eat? But once you taste it, you don’t so much care!
I first came across this when trying to come up with a cake recipe for my husband’s birthday. That time, I made a pineapple dump cake. Looks like dump cake can go with any berry or fruit you would like- fresh or frozen. Serve with vanilla ice cream– delicious!
1 box Yellow cake mix
1 stick melted butter
4 cups blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon (I used apple pie spice we had at camp and also a little all spice)
1. Mix berries with sugar and cinnamon.
2. Pour into the bottom of greased baking dish.
3. Pour yellow cake mix (dry) over berries.
4. Drizzle butter over top of dish.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
6. Serve to only your favorite guest with vanilla ice cream.
7. Get ready to give out the recipe!
Berry mixture half covered by yellow cake mix