Who doesn’t love the combo of pasta, cheese, basil, garlic and tomato? It’s a great summer salad and breaks up the typical mayonnaise, tuna, celery, macaroni dish you see at every picnic. If you are eating low carb, just pick out the cheese and tomatoes out to nibble on (that’s what I did:)
Here it is. I think I made this one up all myself. I was in the mood for something with all these ingredients and just whipped it together.
Shell pasta (Medium size)
Pesto- bottled or homemade as directed here
Roasted grape tomatoes (I found the orange ones in the store the first time I made it!)
The longest part of the prep is boiling the water for pasta and roasting the tomatoes. I roasted orange and red tomatoes with olive oil and garlic salt under the broiler for about 10 minutes or until they start to shrivel. Put them in the fridge to cool them down while you prepare the pasta.
Rinse pasta with cold water, add as much pesto as you like to taste, chop up cubes of fresh mozzarella or separate with your fingers (the more, the better!). Finally, stir in the tomatoes, which may break up a little and lose their skin-that’s he best part. Season with salt and pepper. Mmmmmm.
Happy weekend! I hope everyone’s 4th was spectacular. I included my favorite pictures from my celebrations below.
- Cool Off With Light Pasta Salads (jovinacooksitalian.com)
- Insalata Caprese (marenellingboe.com)
- Foodie Friday….Okay, Saturday: Deviled Strawberries! (shortcutgirl.com)
- Foodie Friday: You’re such a cheeseball (shortcutgirl.com)
- Foodie Friday: Dessert pizza- Mmmmmmm. (shortcutgirl.com)
- Foodie Friday: Amazing (and easy) Potato Salad (shortcutgirl.com)
- Foodie Friday: Easy and Delicious Chicken Salad (shortcutgirl.com)
- Foodie Friday: Thai Chicken Pizza (shortcutgirl.com)
- Foodie Friday: Bread Dip (shortcutgirl.com)